Chicago Car Accident Lawyer Fighting For Justice. Your Case Counts
Our Chicago car accident attorneys are committed to helping people injured in auto accidents in Chicago and across Illinois. We know how overwhelming car accidents can be for injury victims. We know because we have worked with many injury victims and their families and understand the importance of protecting their rights. We’re willing to roll up our sleeves and work aggressively to get people the money they rightfully deserve to pay for hospital bills, lost wages, pain and suffering and other damages. If necessary, we can file a car accident injury lawsuit in Chicago for you if we believe that’s the best way to obtain compensation.
There were 281,788 car accidents in Illinois in 2011, resulting in 918 deaths and 84,172 injuries, according to Illinois Department of Transportation. Car accidents in Chicago and throughout Illinois routinely cover a wide range. Whether representing someone injured in a rear-end accident or a family who lost a loved one in a hit-and-run accident, our versatile attorneys know how to handle many different types of car accidents.
No two car accidents are the same, which is one reason why we take a careful, detailed approach toward every car accident investigation. We routinely review accident reports, medical records and interview witnesses to uncover the facts. We’re always looking for crucial details that other lawyers sometimes overlook. Information is power. And the more facts you have, the stronger your case.
Considering filing a car accident injury lawsuit in Chicago? Explore your options
Car accidents happen fast, but the effects can last a lifetime. In an instant, you can sustain a serious, life-altering injury due to someone else’s reckless driving. Common car accident injuries include head injuries and spinal cord injuries. But the word “common” doesn’t do these injuries justice. When you or a loved one gets hurt in a car crash, your life as you know it often gets completely turned upside-down. Learn more about car accidents in our section titled “Top 5 Causes of Car Accidents And How to Avoid Them.”
Don’t wait to take action on your car accident in Illinois. The clock is running, and the sooner you start, the stronger your case will be. It’s critical to act now, before evidence disappears and witnesses forget the details.
How can a car accident lawyer help me?
Our Chicago car accident attorneys know that a serious car accident can upend everything in your life, but we can help. With years of experience successfully protecting the rights of injury victims, we have developed a unique insight into what clients are going through. We know how the accident is causing pain, both financially and emotionally. To get the compensation you need for your losses, you may need to file a personal injury lawsuit in Chicago. While we are skilled at negotiating a settlement, we also are not afraid to stand up for clients in a courtroom and argue a case before a judge and jury.
To learn more about just how important it is to have an experienced car accident law firm working on your case in Chicago, Ronaldson & Kuchler has put together a fact-filled guide to help you decide what you should do after your car accident.
How can Ronaldson & Kuchler help me with my auto accident?
Car accidents have a severe impact on the victim and often the victim’s family, ranging from physical injuries to deep financial losses. A car accident lawyer in Chicago can be beneficial in terms of securing the compensation you truly deserve. By hiring an attorney, you have a legal advocate protecting your interests.
To help you understand how we can help you, here is some advice from us addressing many common concerns about hiring a law firm to represent you after a car accident.
Why should I hire a car accident lawyer to represent me?
After a car accident, you may be dealing with police officers, other drivers, doctors, insurance adjusters, body shops and possibly others. Expenses will start to add up quickly. An experienced car accident lawyer in Chicago understands the state’s legal system. We know what evidence to gather and how to build rock-solid cases designed to obtain the maximum compensation for auto accident injury victims. We can help you deal with all of the financial aspects of your losses and use the law to help you get a desired result.
Why not just deal directly with insurance companies after an auto accident?
Insurance companies want you to believe they have your best interests at heart. The truth is most insurance companies only care about one thing: paying injury victims as little as possible. Even your own insurance company will be keeping an eye on the bottom line when settling your accident claim. We fight hard for injury victims every day, and insurance companies pay attention when they know an injury victim has representation. We can negotiate on your behalf with an insurance company and make sure you receive the money you rightfully deserve.
What if the insurance company refuses to fairly compensate me for my car accident?
This is exactly why you want a lawyer on your side. You shouldn’t have to settle for less for your car accident settlement or verdict. A top-notch accident attorney in Chicago can take your case to trial or file a lawsuit if necessary. We can investigate and make sure the insurance company is aware of all the relevant facts in your case and negotiate a claim payout that is fair. We leave no stone unturned.
My car accident seems minor. Do I still need a lawyer?
Possibly. An injury in a minor accident might become worse with time. Even the most straightforward accidents might result in a better insurance settlement if you have a lawyer working for you. Minor accidents also often quickly become more complicated. And when they do, you want a knowledgeable, experienced accident attorney in Chicago on your side.
I don’t have a lot of money. Can I afford to hire a lawyer for my car accident?
Yes. That’s because Chicago car accident lawyers at Ronaldson & Kuchler work on a contingency fee basis. That means you only pay fees if you win. It’s that simple.
Based on our experience, here’s our advice on what you should do if you’re involved in a car accident in Chicago or Frankfort, IL or anywhere else in the state.
- Don’t move your car – Leave your car right where it is, unless police tell you to move it. And tell the other driver to do the same. If they caused the accident, preserving the accident scene is critical.
- Call the police – Contact the police even if you are only mildly injured. They can create a police report for your accident – something that could be extremely important when trying to obtain compensation from your insurance company for your accident.
- Talk to witnesses – If someone saw your accident, get his or her full name, address and phone number. Witnesses can help you build a stronger case.
- Gather evidence – Don’t simply rely on the police to collect information about your accident. Record everything you can about your incident. Take photos of the scene of the accident, especially before moving your vehicle. Take pictures of any injuries. Every detail counts. Information is power. The more facts you have, the stronger your case.
- Request police report – Before the officer leaves the scene of the accident, get the officer’s name and badge number. Also ask the officer how you can go about getting a copy of his or her police report.
- Visit a doctor – Even if you feel OK, see a doctor for a checkup. What might seem like something minor could turn out to be a serious car accident injury.
- Contact us – Our Chicago car accident attorneys have years of experience handling complicated car accidents. We can help you cut through all the confusing and make sure you get the compensation you rightfully deserve. Demand justice. Call (312) 425-2600 and schedule a free case evaluation today.
Our Chicago Office:
Ronaldson & Kuchler, L.L.C.
19 S LaSalle Street #1402
Chicago, IL 60603
Local (312) 425-2600